2 separate the tangles of [syn: disentangle]
3 become less tense, rest, or take one's ease; "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work" [syn: relax, loosen up, unbend, decompress, slow down] [ant: tense]
4 cause to feel relaxed; "A hot bath always relaxes me" [syn: relax, unstrain, unlax, loosen up, make relaxed] [ant: tense, tense] [also: unwound]
EtymologyFrom unwindan. See 1st un-, and wind.
- Rhymes: -aɪnd
- To wind off; to loose or separate; to untwist; to untwine; as, to unwind thread,
to unwind a ball of yarn
- Could you unwind about a foot of ribbon so I can finish the package?
- In the context of "transitive|obsolete": To disentangle - Hooker
- In the context of "intransitive|slang": To relax; to chill out;
as, to rest and relieve of stress
- After work, I like to unwind by smoking a pipe while reading the paper.
- To be or become unwound; to be capable of being unwound or untwisted.
- Finnish: avata
- Finnish: rentoutua
To be or become unwound
- Finnish: purkautua
Unwind is the second album from post-grunge band Oleander. It is their second album released on Universal Records.
The song "Halo" was included in the soundtrack of the film American Pie 2. The song "Champion" became a hit and a symbol of the sacrifice of firefighters during the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York.
Track listing(All songs written by Thomas Flowers, Doug Eldridge and Ric Ivanisevich)
- "Come To Stay" – 3:49
- "Yours If You Like" – 3:26
- "Are You There?" – 4:20
- "Halo" – 4:41
- "Benign" – 4:11
- "Unwind" – 2:50
- "Goodbye" – 4:04
- "Jimmy Shaker Day" – 3:31
- "Back Home Years Ago" – 4:14
- "Tightrope" – 5:12
- "She's Up, She's Down" – 4:03
- "Champion" – 2:57
calm down, clarify, clear up, collect oneself, compose oneself, cool it, cool off, disembroil, disentangle, disintricate, disinvolve, ease, ease off, ease up, get organized, let down, let up, let up on, loosen up, ravel, relax, simmer down, slack, slack off, slack up, slacken, slow down, sober down, sort out, take it easy, unbend, unbraid, unclutter, uncoil, unfold, unfurl, unknot, unlax, unmix, unravel, unreel, unroll, unscramble, unsnarl, untangle, unthread, untwine, untwist, unweave